P.F. Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant
- 1 lbs eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water to make a paste
- Canola oil for deep-frying
Spicy Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce (or substitute oyster sauce)
- 2 Tbsp Lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp chili paste (Sambal Oleck preferred)
- 1/2 tsp ground bean sauce (Koon Chun preferred)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
Combine all Spicy Sauce ingredients and mix well.
In a wok, deep-fry eggplant at 350°s; F for 1 minute. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile remove all but 1/2 teaspoon of oil from wok. On high heat, stir-fry garlic for 5 seconds then add Spicy Sauce. Reduce heat and let sauce simmer 20 seconds. Add eggplant and simmer for another 10 seconds. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Serve immediately.