Thunder Bay Grille Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked sweet Italian or Andouille sausage, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup medium diced onion
- 1/2 cup medium diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup medium diced celery
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain enriched parboiled white rice
- 1 Tbsp chicken base
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice
In preheated 8-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, saute sausage about 5 minutes. Add all vegetables and cook 5 minutes.
Add rice, stirring until well coated with liquid in pan. Mix chicken base with water and add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Serve immediately, or chill and reheat before serving.
- 4 to 6