Venus de Milo Sherry and Scallop Seafood Stuffing
- 1/2 lbs coarsely chopped sea scallops
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced carrot
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely minced green pepper
- 1 tsp dry dill weed
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly chopped bread crumbs
- 1 cup ground Ritz Crackers
In a medium sauté pan over a low fire melt the butter and sauté the vegetables until they begin to wilt. Add the chopped scallops and sauté until they become firm and lose their translucence. Add the clam juice and then the sherry and cook for an additional minute to burn off the alcohol.
Remove from the heat and check the seasoning for salt and pepper. Add the bread crumbs first and then add the Ritz Crackers a little at a time until the stuffing has a moderately firm consistency.